Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

jueves, 7 de mayo de 2009

The HHS visits Santa Catalina!!!

It was high time I wrote a post about the special visit we enjoyed last 20th March for some days. Eight German students came to our school to work on a digital project carried out by the German Art teachers Sabina and Bernd. The project consisted on adapting digitally, using gimp, a celebrity face so that it fitted to the student in question. I personally tried to be Arwen from Lord of the Rings, but no chance I could come up to her standard.... All students, both Spanish and German, have treasured the experience as a special activity in which they have not only improved their English skills, but also their social skills making new friends, learning from such a beautiful cultural exchange and have also learnt about their heritage with a view to transmit it to the visitors. Our guests participated in our Book Day celebrations hosting Gerome and Alessandra, who perfomed on a stage with two songs, as special guests in the show. I would like to publically thank Lorena and Carlos for their WONDERFUL performance in the adapted play from Shakespeare "Romeo and Juliet". I was soooo proud of you! People loved it and you deserved the audience ovation! Thanks to Andrés too!, of course.
Fianlly, We also made a visit to our beloved Alhambra. Hope you like the pictures and send me more to enlarge the album! Click on the title link.

No hay comentarios: