Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

lunes, 6 de julio de 2009

II Exchange The Sir John - Santa Catalina

Dear Families hosting students from Santa Catalina School,

This is a message to thank you ALL for your participation in this year's exchange. We had already experienced the local hospitality, but we feel we need to write to express how grateful and lucky we are to have had you as host families. My students have returned to Spain with the feeling they left behind real parents and brothers/sisters and are looking forward to their partners' visit to Spain. They had a fabulous time, enjoyed the activities and above all they felt like at home. They miss you loads and speak volumes of you. As a group leader, I have to say that I could happily see great connection between you and the kids and I especially want to thank you for trying so hard to make them feel comfortable. They had caring and warm families to look after them. Let me make a special mention to Richard, Amanda and George for their preocupation, extreme kindness, great help and incredible support to deal with Alvaro's incident. I want to thank them in the name of the School, the family and my own. I couldn't ask for more!
Leaving that aside, I am sure it was a good (and exhausting!) experience for you all and ,hopefully, we will be able to continue this lovely project together in the future. I would like to put a special emphasis in the fact that involving families in this type of activities made the whole project much more special,interesting, enriching and worth it.
I find it hard to express with words our gratefulness.... Rest assure you were absolutely fantastic and made a strong impression on us all. A big THANK YOU! ¡GRACIAS!
Looking forward to your visit in Spain!!!!
You can have a look at the pictures taken during our stay on the link under the exchange heading on the left menu.

No hay comentarios: