Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

lunes, 11 de abril de 2016

What lies behind Cheap Clothes? Raising awareness on Teens

It was a complete shock for my students today to come to terms to reality as far as the textile industry is concerned. They couldn't believe that the clothes we all wear are the result of brutal exploitation, including child labour in particular Asian countries. Why not devote some minutes to discuss this in the English classroom?
Ice-breaker video
GO on with simple questions: What do you normally buy? Where? Have you checked your T-shirt label to see where it was made? Do you know that there are (a recent innovation) labels warning that the piece of clothing you are about to buy is child labour free? What are the alternatives to your usual shops?
 

No hay comentarios: