Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2014

11th November is Poppy Day / Remembrance Day.

Remembrance or Armistice Day is also commonly and popularly known as Poppy Day. If you want to learn about the story behing the Poppy, watch the following video with a delicious Scottich accent.




Over a million men and women from Britain and the British Empire were killed during World War I. The poppy is the most popular symbol to remember them and honour them. This year, a field of ceramic poppies has been exhibited at the Tower of London. A beautiful and plastic image of all the blood shed in conflict.

Paul Cummins: Poppies The Tower of London
From the website Poppie Appeal, you can obtain all the past and current information about this day. You can get involved in Remembrance Day actively by taking a "Poppie Selfie" and posting it on twitter or instagram and sharing it with @PoppieLegion or @RoyalBritishLegion with the hashtag #poppieselfie. Alternatively, you can simply learn how to wear your poppy properly for next year in this unusual tutorial ;)



No hay comentarios: