Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

viernes, 7 de noviembre de 2014

The Irregular Verbs PROJECT

My students are currently facing one of the most feared grammar aspects: Irregular verbs!

we decided to stand up for a meaningful learning of these troublesome friends. We will analyse them, classify them depending on their form and group them in colours for a better memorization.
SESSION ONE
a) Pair work: write down the different groups we are able to spot.
b) Group work: discussion to reach a consensus and stablish a given number of groups.
Our proposals were:
Vowel Change
Same form for the three verbs
Same base but different past and past participle
Different base but same past and past participle
All three forms are different.
Students try to classify all the verbs in their workbook list using the grouping suggested. We will see how effective or defective our proposals were.
SESSION TWO
a) Group work: After adjusting any deficiencies, the class will list irregular verbs into separate pieces of paper according to verb behaviour and will assign one given colour to each group.
b) Individual work: Students will highlight each verb on workbook list using the chosen colour.
EXTRA WORK
a) Each group will design a 3-dimensional flashcard to revise irregular verbs in the future.

For quicker lesson plannings, you can present this lesson by espressoenglish ;)

No hay comentarios: